Adult children are often faced with the daunting task of managing the finances of a parent who can no longer do so themselves.
With the utmost sensitivity to the changing nature of the parent–child relationship, we help organize the parent’s finances to support them without exhausting their money. In addition, we help with:
- Finding and consolidating the various assets and accounts to simplify ongoing management
- Repositioning the overall portfolio to support the parent’s needs while avoiding excessive gains during the repositioning
- Ensuring estate documents and account titling are in place and up to date
- Providing funds as needed to support the parent
- Reviewing options for assisted living for the parent should the need arise
A few weeks ago, I wrote a post detailing a framework you can use if you are looking after elderly parents and need to help them stay on top of their financial situation. For this week’s post, I want to provide a bit more detail in the form of a checklist you can use...
An aged man is but a paltry thing, A tattered coat upon a stick, unless Soul clap its hands and sing, and louder sing For every tatter in its mortal dress - WB Yeats, Sailing to Byzantium I have worked with a number of clients over the years...
Stepping in and helping parents with finances can be a challenge. In some instances, the parent needing the help may have managed finances for decades and be reluctant to accept help. At the opposite end of the spectrum, the parent may be a recent widow or widower who...