Couples and individuals who are nearing retirement have a crucial need: They need to know that they have saved enough to last the rest of their lives.
We help pre-retirees understand what their retirement can look like and how they can fund it while addressing potential red flags. We work with you to:
- Develop an accurate budget for spending in retirement
- Understand the options available through Medicare and the cost of those options
- Review Social Security benefits, and identify the optimal time to begin drawing benefits to maximize the likelihood that your financial plan will be successful
- Understand the mechanics behind taking portfolio withdrawals to support your financial needs
- Assess the impact of a potential long-term-care need on your overall retirement plan
We’ve all heard the adage that money can’t make you happy, but most of us realize that’s not quite true. If you don’t have enough to cover the necessities, more money will most certainly have a positive impact. Conversely, the fact that on a given day Bill Gates has a...
A question clients often ask as they approach retirement is whether or not they need long-term care insurance. The basic concept is pretty straightforward - if, at some point in the future, you need long-term care, you should be able to purchase insurance to partially...
A pretty common stereotype when it comes to retirement is the overworked, underpaid worker who would retire immediately and pursue the Island Life if they only could. And while I have worked with some clients whose immediate answer was “tomorrow” when I asked when...