Couples and individuals who are nearing retirement have a crucial need: They need to know that they have saved enough to last the rest of their lives.
We help pre-retirees understand what their retirement can look like and how they can fund it while addressing potential red flags. We work with you to:
- Develop an accurate budget for spending in retirement
- Understand the options available through Medicare and the cost of those options
- Review Social Security benefits, and identify the optimal time to begin drawing benefits to maximize the likelihood that your financial plan will be successful
- Understand the mechanics behind taking portfolio withdrawals to support your financial needs
- Assess the impact of a potential long-term-care need on your overall retirement plan
If you are planning to retire, budgeting for healthcare should be part of your plans. In fact, when we build plans, we have begun breaking out healthcare costs as a separate category. Doing so allows us to use the data we have on average healthcare spending in...
The IRS not only wants you to pay what you owe but in many instances, they don’t want you to wait until the end of the year to do so. If your primary income is a salary from an employer, this is pretty simple. Just make sure you get your withholding correct, and you...
Several weeks ago, I worked with a couple who wanted to retire early. At first glance, they seemed well situated to do so, as they had both worked as teachers for decades and they would thus both have a healthy pension. However, when I put together the plan, I found...