Tax planning involves both doing what you can to minimize taxes and planning for taxes. When it comes to tax minimization, we assist in several ways, including:
- Designing investment portfolios with tax efficiency in mind
- Using tax loss harvesting to minimize capital gains
- Ensuring optimal use of tax efficient accounts including traditional IRAs, Roths and Health Savings Accounts
- Working with business owners to identify the best type of retirement plan to use
- Coordinating with accountants to minimize taxes for clients selling businesses or receiving large equity awards from employers
Beyond working to minimize taxes, we also work to ensure taxes related to investment income are planned for and aren’t an unpleasant surprise at tax time.